What is Public Speaking ?
A definition of Public Speaking : is the process of speaking to a group of people in a structured, deliberate manner intended to inform, influence, or entertain the listeners.
Easier said than done!
Why do Public Speaking ?
- Learn to be a skilled communicator
- Learn to speak concisely, clearly and confidently
- Learn the power of speech, words have an impact
- Improve self-esteem and confidence
- Improve writing skills
- Develop performance skills in order to make your speech more effective
- Relieve the fear of impromptu or spontaneous speaking challenges
- Rostrum Public Speaking Competition
- SMH Plain English Speaking Competition
- Legacy Junior Public Speaking Competition
- UNYA Public Speaking Competition.
We have had great success with girls' winning local, regional rounds and advancing to semi finals and state final competitions. Our experienced public speakers were also called upon to speak at School events, ceremonies and special occasions which have been wonderful opportunities for the girls to utilise their skills outside of the realm of the competition atmosphere.
Our fluffy pink soapbox continues to get a workout at School Assemblies where the girls pick obscure topics to elaborate on and give their opinions and rouse their audience into debating said topics at a later date.